March 5, 2012
Codemanship's Coding Dojo World Tour (Of London)I'm embarking on a world tour (of central London) in the week of Mar 19-23, stopping by various companies to run a free coding dojo and talk about software craftsmanship.
Each dojo will take an hour, and if you'd like me to run one at your company, you''ll need a minimum of 10 attendees (with a minimum of 5 computers between you - you'll be working in pairs), a big-enough room with enough power sockets for the computers, and a projector and something to project on (blank wall will be fine). There's no maximum number of attendees, if you have a big enough space and a bright enough projector. And if you don't have 10 developers in your company, you're welcome to bus some in from partner companies. All are welcome.
Because there's limited time to travel between venues, the tour will be restricted to fairly central locations within tube Zone 2. If your offices are outside of that area, I recommend talking to LMG Training & Development in Waterloo about hiring a training room for a couple of hours.
Time slots will be 10:00-11:00, 12:00-13:00, 14:00-15:00, 16:00-17:00 and 18:00-19:00
If you would like me to stop by and run a dojo for you, drop me a line with the following details:
1. Your company and the address you'd like to run it at
2. Estimated number of attendees
3. Three preferred time slots in descending order of preference (e.g., Monday 10am, Tuesday 10am, Thurs 6pm). If you're registered for SC2012, let me know, as that may swing things in your favour.
4. Preferred programming languages (you can work in any OO language you like - I'll be demonstrating in Java or C#)
5. A daytime contact number
6. A very brief paragraph about craftsmanship at your company and how you think a dojo could help
Posted 7 years, 2 months ago on March 5, 2012