January 9, 2014
Seeking Volunteers To Mentor Undergraduate ApprenticesAre you an experienced and well-rounded software developer?
Could you spare 2 hours a week to mentor an undergraduate in the practical disciplines of software development that will almost certainly not be covered in their degree studies?
I'm looking for a dozen or more solid mentors who'd be interested in taking on an undergraduate "apprentice" starting in October 2014.
You will have:
* Strong and diverse software development experience, encompassing a number of programming languages and platforms in a variety of problem domains, applying a range of development methods
* Experience of mentoring developers, perhaps even of training them
* A genuine interest in nurturing promising talent, without asking "what's in it for me?" (if you have to ask, you're the wrong mentor!)
* A bit of spare time every week (the more the better, but a couple of hours a week on average for one-on-one coaching and preparation)
* A good Internet connection
If you think this may be you, and would like to find out more, please drop me a line.
Posted 5 years, 2 months ago on January 9, 2014