January 9, 2019
Team Craft - New Codemanship Workshop for 2019I'm delighted to announce the launch of a new Codemanship workshop for 2019. Team Craft is a one-day workshop for 6-12 people that's stretches your skills in collaborative design and continuous delivery.
It's the product of 10 years running team exercises as part of Codemanship training workshops, as well as at conferences and meet-ups around the world. These experiences have been consolidated and refined into an action-packed day that will turbo-charge the Team Fu of new and established teams alike.
It promotes technical team skills like:
- Collaborative Design
- Mob Programming
- Trunk-based Development
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
Team Craft is a completely hands-on workshop that reaches the parts other workshops don't.
Over the course of the day, participants will design and deliver a working solution to a realistic real-world problem as a team.
From a standing start, they will:
- Break down the requirements
- Assign work to individuals and/or pairs
- Choose the technology stack
- Set up version control
- Set up a CI server to build and test the solution as it takes shape
- Agree on a high-level design and establish the interfaces and contracts between components/services
- Test-drive the implementation of the components
- Demonstrate a working end product to their "customer" (the trainer)
The emphasis is on learning by doing, with a 45-minute introduction with key tips on how to succeed as a team, and ending with a 45-minute retrospective where we will draw out lessons learned in the 5-hour practical exercise.
To find out more, visit http://codemanship.co.uk/teamcraft.html
Posted 2 years, 8 months ago on January 9, 2019